The Gifted and Talented (GT) Referral Window for submitting nominations for 3rd-6th Grade will begin September 13 and end on September 30, 2022. Nomination forms will be made available when the referral window opens.
Important GT Information
For students that are currently identified as GT or Talent Explore, services will continue to be delivered through the GT Cluster model of instruction. This means that a GT certified teacher will be providing enrichment and appropriate content and instruction recommended by our district advanced academics department to your child. Teachers will provide a GT service summary at the end of each semester to update you on what is being offered in the classroom.
If you are interested in nominating your child to be screened for the Gifted and Talented Program please fill out this Google form.
The following are important dates to know if you are interested in having your child take part in the GT/Talent Explore identification process:
Sept. 13–Sept. 30
- GT referral window (Parents and Teachers can submit nominations)
- Parent observation forms will be sent home
Throughout the Fall Semester
- Teacher observations, assessments, work samples collection; campus GT Committee reviews data/makes placement decisions.
- Around Dec. 6, Parents notified if their child is accepted into the Gifted and Talent Program via letter.
- Jan. 5–Services for newly identified GT and Talent Explore students starts.
If you would like more information about the program, please click on these links: